By Kate Corbin
“Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings.” – Samuel Johnson
As a child, I was quiet and shy and I thought Self-Confidence was something you either had or didn’t have – like being tall or having red hair. Actually, I thought it was something that the “lucky” people had. Fortunately for me, I learned that Self-Confidence is a quality that can be developed. In fact, I find Self-Confidence to be a wonderful byproduct of understanding and applying the Law of Attraction. With the Law of Attraction, you can enjoy the Self-Confidence that comes from knowing who you really are, from knowing how life works, from knowing how to make your dreams come true. With the Law of Attraction, the Self-Confidence is available to everyone.
Having lived without a lot of Self-Confidence in my younger years, I can tell you – Life is MUCH better with it. Self-Confidence opens doors. It allows you to live fully, to get in the game, to play full out. With Self-Confidence, you apply for the promotion, start the business, say YES to opportunities. With Self-Confidence, life is richer and fuller and a whole lot more FUN!
Self-Confidence starts with seeing something you want to do and giving it a try. Michael Jordan wasn’t born knowing how to play basketball, but he had a desire to play and it turned out he was pretty good at it. Lance Armstrong wasn’t born with the skill and endurance to win the Tour de France seven consecutive times, but he got on the bike and built confidence along the way. Self-Confidence is a quality we all possess – a quality we can develop from the inside out.
Self-Confidence – like everything else – is a choice. You can CHOOSE to be more Self-Confident. At those times when you feel insecure, uncertain, or powerless, remind yourself that you’re in charge and you can choose how you feel. You can choose to feel self-assured, certain, decisive, and positive. Here are seven ways to adopt an attitude of Self-Confidence:
- To be a confident person, ACT like a confident person. Think of someone who appears to be brimming with confidence and BE like them.
- Ask yourself: “What can I do to feel more confident?” Choose one thing you can do today to increase your feelings of Self-Confidence and do it. Take the first step. “A journey of 1000 miles…”
- Look your best – even if you work at home, even if you’re a stay-at-home mom, even if there doesn’t appear to be any real reason to care about your appearance. It’s a way to respect yourself and you’ll be ready to answer the door when opportunity knocks.
- Because belief is just a thought you keep thinking, keep thinking thoughts such as: “I AM a confident person. I radiate Self-Confidence. I project an aura of Self-Confidence.” Think and FEEL these kinds of affirmations and your Self-Confidence will go through the roof!
- Focus on what you love and appreciate and value about yourself. Once you get focused on your positive aspects, you’ll realize how great you truly are!
- Notice when you DO feel confident. Maybe someone gave you a compliment, thanked you for a job well done, asked you for a date. FEEL the satisfaction, the pleasure, the confidence. The more you FEEL it, the more Self-Confidence will become your dominant vibration.
- Here’s an exercise to amp up your Self-Confidence in an even bigger way. Close your eyes and breathe deeply, relaxing your body to completely. As you relax and breathe slowly, summon up the FEELING of Self-Confidence from your core. Let this feeling flow throughout your body. Now imagine yourself in a situation where you want to feel supremely Self-Confident. Perhaps you see yourself making a presentation at work, submitting your manuscript to a publisher, or interacting with others at a social event. Visualize yourself feeling and behaving with ease and grace in this situation. Play the scene over and over again in your mind as you FEEL self-assured and empowered. Savor the joyful, powerful, fully alive feeling of Self-Confidence. As you open your eyes, set your intention to be able to summon up this wonderful state of Self-Confidence whenever you desire.
As you know, Self-Confidence is an inside job. It’s about trusting yourself, believing in yourself, knowing, loving and respecting yourself. If there’s something you want to do, summon up your Self-Confidence, align your Energy and go for it. Self-Confidence: Don’t leave home without it!
Kate Corbin is a Law of Attraction Coach and the creator of Gold Star Coaching. Both her coaching practice and her three ebooks – “Manifesting from the Inside Out with Law of Attraction,” “Dining at the Cosmic Cafe, How to Be and Do and Have Whatever You Desire,” and “Think and Grow Thin with the Law of Attraction” – are designed to empower you to truly live the life of your dreams. To contact Coach Kate, download a free copy of her ebook “Magical Musings on the Law of Attraction,” and subscribe to her ezine, visit Gold Star Coaching.