By Kathryn Corbin
“Nothing new can come into your life unless you open yourself up to being grateful.”– Michael Beckwith
You’ve heard it all your life – Count your Blessings. Appreciate what you already have and watch it multiply before your eyes. What IS this phenomenon? Why is Appreciation so magical?
Well, it’s all about vibrations. Because Appreciation is the highest vibration – right up there with love and joy and empowerment – feeling grateful immediately aligns you with Source Energy and Well-Being. As you cultivate an attitude of gratitude, the first benefit is that you will FEEL GREAT.
In addition, the Universe will respond by presenting you with a dazzling array of fascinating people and delightful circumstances. Appreciation is widely held to be the most powerful process for raising your vibration, connecting with Source, and attracting whatever you desire.
Can counting your blessings really improve the quality of your life? The new Science of Gratitude says YES! Published research from Dr. Emmons of UC – Davis, the Institute of HeartMath, and others confirms that Appreciation:
- improves emotional and physical health, increases immune response, and transmits healing to every cell of your body
- bolsters relationships
- relieves depression and stress
- improves sleep quality and duration
- even brings more financial abundance
My friend is teaching her seven year old twins how good Appreciation feels. Whenever they’re cranky or out of sorts, she gets them to stop, take a deep breath, and say three things they appreciate. Even though they may be reluctant at first, once they start looking for something to appreciate, their vibration zooms up and the crankiness is gone. Try it on your kids – or on yourself. It really works!
The teachers in The Secret agree that Appreciation is the number one process for turning your life around. Joe Vitale suggests making a list of the people and things you’re grateful for. John Demartini says, “Whatever we THINK about and THANK about, we bring about.” Every morning when his feet hit the floor, James Ray says “Thank You” and focuses on what he’s grateful for, FEELING the Appreciation as deeply as possible. And Lee Brower carries a gratitude rock in his pocket, remembering to be grateful each time he touches it.
Here are some ways to stay in the Magic of Appreciation all day every day:
- As you first wake up. Follow James Ray’s advice to say “Thank You” as soon as your feet touch the floor in the morning. Or, before you even get out of bed, raise your vibration by thinking of things you’re grateful for – including the bright and shiny new day that glistens before you.
- Throughout the day. Make it a game to see how many things you can find to appreciate. Try it on your way to work this week. Notice how your vibration improves as you bring into your awareness things you enjoy – a green light… a blue sky… a flock of birds… a delicious cup of coffee… your favorite song on the radio… the lovely and ever-changing cloud shapes. There are endless things to be grateful for, so set your radar for anything that summons up the high vibration of Appreciation.
- In the evening. Do what Oprah does and keep a Gratitude Journal. Each evening, write down at least five things you’re grateful for that day. Here’s the magic: Keeping a Gratitude Journal orients you to naturally look for things to appreciate. And this gratitude orientation will attract into your life even more things to appreciate!
- At bedtime. End your day as it began – by feeling grateful. Drift off to a peaceful, restful sleep by feeling grateful for your wonderful life.
The bottom line about the Magic of Appreciation is this: IT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD!
When you choose a grateful approach to life, you’re a vibrational match to all manner of Well-Being. As you continue to apply the Magic of Appreciation today and every day, you will quickly and easily magnetize into your life everything you desire!
How’s that for something to appreciate?
Kathryn Corbin is a Law of Attraction Life Coach and the creator of Gold Star Coaching. Both her coaching practice and her two ebooks – Dining at the Cosmic Cafe, How to Be and Do and Have Whatever You Desire as well as Think and Grow Thin with the Law of Attraction – are designed to empower you to truly live the life of your dreams. To contact Coach Kate, check out her books, and subscribe to her free ezine, Magical Musings, visit Gold Star Coaching.