By Christa Smith
There are two aspects to who you are; a physical being and a non-physical being. The non-physical being, also called your Inner Being, Higher Self, or Soul, is always with you and loves you unconditionally. Your Inner Being is your expanded, loving, and compassionate self. It is the wise teacher within you and knows everything about you, including why you have the challenges you have. Your Inner Being is the essence of who-you-really-are, knows no limits, and assists you in knowing your true identity. When you connect with your Inner Being you will live a more harmonious and fulfilling life.
Connecting with your Inner Being will:
- Enable you to love and nurture yourself more, and assist you to develop self-love, self-confidence, clarity, and other higher qualities.
- Enable you to live a more joyful, peaceful, loving life.
- Bring your emotions into harmony.
- Help you to express truth and love in all you do and say.
- Assist you in creating loving relationships.
- Help you to work through fears more quickly, so you can easily return to a calm and balanced state.
- Create rapid, positive changes in your physical body.
- Lead you to the practices and studies most appropriate for you.
- Lift the veils of illusion to see through the eyes of Source/God.
- Help you to heal and evolve.
- Add clarity and harmony to everything around you.
Your Inner Being is always guiding you and calling you towards the life you are wanting. It does this through your emotions. When you are feeling joy, passion, enthusiasm, or any other positive emotion, you are on the right path. When you are feeling anger, sadness, frustration, or any other negative emotion, you are moving in the wrong direction. It’s similar to the hot and cold game you might have played as a kid. You’re getting “hotter” when you feel good, you’re getting “colder” when you’re feeling bad.
Your Inner Being also communicates with you through your intuition. Messages can come through via coincidences and synchronicity with people, in newspapers, books, movies, etc. The more you connect, the more you will experience insights, revelations, and expanded awareness.
The guided meditation below will connect you with your Inner Being. There are different ways to approach this meditation process, such as visualizing yourself in a beautiful place, like a beach or mountain top. But I have purposefully simplified it for two reasons;
- It is an opportunity to learn how to sense the presence of your Inner Being without a visualization process, so that when you’re in a situation where you don’t have time to include the visualization part, you will known how to tune in easily and quickly.
- To allow the experience to unfold in a way that is perfect for you. Each time may be different, and you can’t get it wrong.
You can speak to your Inner Being out loud or inside your head. Your Inner Being’s “voice” may be heard as thoughts inside your head. It may feel like you’re making it up at first, but just go with it and trust the process. Your Inner Being will honor your efforts and intention, and your “hearing” will become clearer with practice.
Meditation: Connecting With Your Inner Being
- Sit in a comfortable position with your eyes closed. Begin by taking a few deep breaths.
- Relax your entire body, from the top of your head to the tips of your toes. Let all your muscles relax. Do this until you feel peaceful and focused. Continue to breathe deeply.
- When you feel ready, ask your Inner Being to join you so that you can sense its presence within you and around you. Allow yourself to open up to the peace and love of your Inner Being. This is your Soul, your God-self. Feel its light raising your vibration. Ask your Inner Being to assist you in making the connection stronger.
- Sit in this space of love and connection for a few moments, continuing to breathe deeply.
- If you want guidance on any situation, now is the time to ask. You can also ask if it has any messages for you. If you don’t receive a clear answer to your question(s) right away, trust that the answer will come at another time.
- Thank your Inner Being for its presence and guidance, and sit for as long as you like in this higher state. When you are ready, open your eyes.
Spend a few minutes daily practicing making this meditation and ask your Inner Being to assist you in deepening the connection. You may want to make notes in a journal about your experiences.
Connecting with your Inner Being is the most powerful step you can take to empower yourself and in creating the life of your dreams. This connection will make your journey so much easier. Not only will your Inner Being navigate you to create your ideal life, it will also help you to create it faster.
You were born into your body to live a life of joy and freedom. Staying connected with your non-physical self is a key factor in achieving that, and more.
Christa Smith is a holistic practitioner specializing in the law of attraction. You can visit her website at https://www.christa-smith.com/