Affectionately called the “father of motivation” by his fans, Wayne Dyer spent most of his time teaching others how to overcome obstacles and make their dreams come true.
Wayne has had his own share of obstacles to overcome. He spent much of his childhood in orphanages and foster homes on the east side of Detroit. He graduated from Denby High School in 1958 then served in the United States Navy for 4 years.
He began studying at Wayne University in Detroit then started his career as an educator. Wayne received his D.Ed. degree in counseling from Wayne State University and pursued an academic career, publishing in journals and running a successful private practice.
His focus on positive thinking and motivational speaking prompted a literary agent to persuade Wayne to package his ideas in a book, which resulted in Your Erroneous Zones.
He quit his teaching job and began touring the US pursuing bookstore appearances and media interviews. This eventually led to national television talk shows including Phil Donahue, The Tonight Show and Merv Griffin.
His success grew with lecture tours, audiotapes and regular publication of books, and he appeared on radio and television stations internationally. When he wasn’t traveling the globe as an uplifting motivational speaker, he was writing from his home in Maui.
The beloved Wayne Dyer transitioned out of his physical body on August 29, 2015. Watch the video A Message from Wayne Dyer to hear how he’s doing “on the other side.”
Wayne Dyer’s website – Books and products, audio, videos, articles, blog, daily inspiration.
The Shift Movie – Hay House Films presents Wayne Dyer in The Shift. Also starring Michael Deluise, Portia De Rossi, Ed Kerr, and Shannon Sturges.
Wayne Dyer’s Books
- I Can See Clearly Now
- Change Your Thoughts – Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao
- The Power of Intention
- You’ll See It When You Believe It: The Way to Your Personal Transformation
- Wishes Fulfilled: Mastering the Art of Manifesting
- Excuses Begone!: How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinking Habits
- Living the Wisdom of the Tao: The Complete Tao Te Ching and Affirmations
- Your Erroneous Zones: Step-by-Step Advice for Escaping the Trap of Negative Thinking and Taking Control of Your Life
- The Being in Balance: 9 Principles for Creating Habits to Match Your Desires
- The Shift: Taking Your Life from Ambition to Meaning
- 10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace